Thank you for your interest in applying for an exploratory seminar with Academic Ventures at the Radcliffe Institute for the 2016-2017 academic year. All Harvard ladder faculty (tenure track and tenured; Harvard Medical School faculty, regardless of the financial guarantee surrounding salaries) from any school, and current and former Radcliffe Institute fellows, are eligible to apply. Applications are due Monday, October 26, 2015.
To apply follow these next steps:
Create an account: Using your email address, create an account at https://harvard.fluidreview.com/. You will be able to revisit your account as many times as necessary before the application deadline. You can apply in sections, saving each part and returning when you have time. The application consists of four sections.
Register: This section requests information about you, and your co-applicant, if relevant. We will ask about titles and contact details. (If you would like your co-applicant or another user to be able to edit or contribute to this online application, click on the "Add Member" button on the upper-right side of this page.)
Proposal: This section is for information about your seminar title, executive summary (maximum 250 words), proposal (maximum 2,500 words), key questions, and desired outcomes. It may be simplest to cut and paste text for the summary and proposal into the text boxes from a word document.
Schedule: Describe in this section how you envision the one to two-day program taking place at the Radcliffe Institute. It may be simplest to cut and paste text into a text box from a word document.
Invitees/ Budget: Here you will provide information about your list of proposed invitees, including name, institution, email address, travel departure location, and a short phrase that describes the academic or professional title and professional connection of each proposed invitee to your seminar idea. This invitee list will then be used to calculate an automated budget snapshot. You do not need to contact or secure pre-approval from invitees that they will attend prior to submitting your application.
- Start the process by downloading the excel document in this section labeled “ExSem Invitees-Budget 2016-2017” and save it on your computer.
- Fill out the gray cells in the form (list anyone who will be attending, including you) and save it. The budget section of the form has pre-populated formulas to calculate the expenses for your proposed program based on the invitees you list and the number of days of your proposed seminar.
- Use the text box at the bottom of the budget document to explain, if you like and in a limited fashion, the budget expenses you calculated for the seminar.
- Please note that while awards for Exploratory Seminars are limited to $18,000, budgets that are between $18,000 and $23,000 will be accepted for review.
- Upload the form in excel (.xls/ .xslx) format to the application to complete this section.
If you have any questions, contact Paul Beran, associate director of Academic Ventures, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-496-3449.