Thank you for your interest in applying for an exploratory seminar with Academic Ventures at the Radcliffe Institute for the 2016-2017 academic year. All Harvard ladder faculty (tenure-track and tenured; Harvard Medical School faculty, regardless of the financial guarantee surrounding salaries) from any school, and current and former Radcliffe Institute fellows, are eligible to apply. Applications are due Monday, October 26, 2015.
To apply follow these next steps:
Create an account: Click "Sign up" to the right, and create an account using your name, email address, and a password. You will be able to revisit your account as many times as necessary before the application deadline. You can apply in sections, saving each part and returning when you have time. The application consists of four sections. You can also grant a co-applicant or colleague access to your application on your main application page.
Register: This section requests information about you, and your co-applicant, if relevant. We will ask about titles and contact details.
Proposal: This section is for information about your seminar title, executive summary (maximum 250 words), proposal (maximum 2,500 words), key questions, and desired outcomes. It may be simplest to cut and paste text for the summary and proposal into the text boxes from a word document.
Schedule: This section is a starting point for thinking about your exploratory seminar and how you will translate the idea at the heart of your proposal into a one- or two-day program at the Radcliffe Institute. If awarded a seminar, you will collaborate with Radcliffe staff to develop a final schedule. Feel free to be creative with your schedule to best suit your topics, core questions, and goals.
- Start the process by downloading the PDF in this section labeled "ExSem Schedule 2016-2017” and save it on your computer.
- Fill out text boxes in the form, select whether you want a pre-program dinner or a second day of programming, and save the PDF.
- Upload the form in PDF format to the application to complete this section.
- Start the process by downloading the excel document in this section labeled “ExSem Invitees-Budget 2016-2017” and save it on your computer.
- Fill out the gray cells in the form (list anyone who will be attending, including you) and save it. The budget section of the form has pre-populated formulas to calculate expenses based on the invitees you list and the duration of your proposed seminar.
- You can use the optional text box at the bottom of the budget document to provide comments on your budget or invitees list.
- Please note that while awards for Exploratory Seminars are limited to $18,000, budgets that are between $18,000 and $23,000 will be accepted for review.
- Upload the form in excel (.xls/ .xslx) format to the application to complete this section.
If you have any questions, contact Paul Beran, associate director of Academic Ventures, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-496-3449.